2014 Old Fashioned Corn Roast Festival - August 22 & 23
The 2014 Old Fashioned Corn Roast Festival is slated for Aug. 22-23, 2014. The event includes the parade, corn shucking competition, corn eating contest, and all the roasted and boiled corn you can eat! In addition, people of all ages will enjoy a variety of entertainment, great vendors and more. General attendance and all concerts are free and open to the public
Get Involved for 2014:
- Be part of the Corn Roast Festival parade. Parade applications will be available here soon.
See 2013 parade photos here.
- Corn Shucking Team applications will be available here, so please check back! Only 35 teams will compete to take home the championship. Will it be you?
- Participate in the Corn Roast Business Decorating Contest. Registration is now closed. See photos of the businesses who participated in the 2013 contest here.
- VOLUNTEER! Sign up online here to volunteer for the Corn Roast!
- Event Information: Come back here to see the Schedule of Events, Map and Parking information, to be posted soon.
T-shirt Design Contest!
The Old Fashioned Corn Roast Festival is closer than you think...we have already begun to take applications for T-shirt designs! Local Loveland and northern Colorado artists looking to gain exposure have until 5 p.m. on May 16, 2014 to submit one or multiple designs to be considered for use on the official Old Fashioned Corn Roast Festival T-shirt.
Each year, candidates from various age groups and demographics submit creative designs that represent the Old Fashioned Corn Roast Festival in Loveland. Applicants are encouraged to be as creative as possible within the criteria listed below.
T-shirt Design Criteria
- No color restrictions other than it must be able to be printed on a four-color press
- Only original art will be accepted, copyrights on images used will be checked prior
- Can submit rough draft, but camera-ready, art will be required for printing at the cost of the entrant
- All types of art are accepted, including digital and graphic design as long as the quality of the final design can be maintained when printed through a digital press
Chosen in late May by the Corn Roast Festival committee, the winning design and artist will be announced prior to the festival and all festival volunteers will wear the design on their T-shirts during the festival. Applicants may electronically submit their design via e-mail.
Applicants may also submit designs in person or by mail to the Loveland Chamber of Commerce at 5400 Stone Creek Circle, Loveland Colo., 80538.
The Corn Roast Festival is one of the largest community festivals held in Loveland.
Business Decorating Contestant
B Sweet Cupcakes painted their windows!