Local Legislative Affairs Committee
Mission: Favorably influence the actions of local government for the enhancement of positive business environment
- Identify potential policy issues impacting the business community and economic environment.
- Study and evaluate policy issues, recommending appropriate action to the Loveland Chamber Board of Directors (all chamber positions will be determined by the Chamber Board)
- Promote the public policy goals of the Chamber
- Serve as a liaison between the investors of the Loveland Chamber of Commerce and the Board of Directors of the Northern Colorado Legislative Alliance
- Engage and educate Chamber investors in the public policy process
Who May Participate:
- This is a Chamber appointed and Board endorsed committee. The committee consists of 11 to 15 members who make recommendations to the Chamber Board.
- Any Chamber investor in good standing is eligible to apply to serve on the committee.
- You do not need to be an appointed committee member to participate. Any Chamber investor in good standing is invited to attend the regularly scheduled meetings.
- Non-members and guests may attend by invitation only.
- To see the current committee roster, please click here.
- Second Thursday of each month, 4-5:30 p.m. (see calendar)
- Ken & Helen Erion Conference Room, Loveland Chamber of Commerce.
- Meetings will typically offer 10 minutes at the beginning for investors to share their concerns, issues & thoughts.
- Special presentations
- Review and updates of NCLA activities.
- Discussion of public policy initiatives and actions taken when appropriate.
- Work to establish and develop a priority agenda.
- Past & upcoming agendas
- Passing a Lodging Tax
- Passing Electronic Message Signs Amendments with Positive Influence on Business
- Home Based Business - Area of home dedicated to workplace
Other Documents & FormsLocal Legislative Affairs Committee Application
2010 LLAC Meeting Schedule
LLAC Steps to Consider Before Taking Action
LLAC Issues Flow Chart